Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/3 c Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 2 eggs (or egg whites to make them reduced fat)
- Dash of milk (until desired thickness obtained)
- 1/3 C Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more or less)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp agave nectar (or sugar if you prefer, more or less depending on how sweet you like ‘em)
- 1/4 – 1/3 c whole wheat flour (more or less again, depending on how thick you like them.)
Sometimes I add a little plain low-fat organic yogurt, buttermilk, or sub in buckwheat flour for some of the whole wheat flour. I also usually add 1 tsp of chia and 2 tbsp ground flax.
Mix together the eggs and oats. This is when I let Amelia stir to her heart’s content while I do something like, unload the dishwasher. This gives the oats time to soften. Or if you feel inclined, soak your oats overnight in yogurt or water in the fridge.)
5 min later…mix together the other ingredients until just combined.
TIP: When cooking, don’t move them until they are “set” otherwise you will have a big mess and they will be tough!