Pineapple Upside Down Cake Freezer Jam
Inspired by Freshpreserving.com
Yield: ~ 5 (8 oz) half pints
- 1 cup granulated organic vegan cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown cane sugar
- 1 1.59-oz pkg Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin
- 2 20-oz cans crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries (optional, I omitted them.)
- 1/8 tsp organic or homemade vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Kracken Spiced Rum – mmm
- 4 – 5 (8z) jars or containers of any size
- STIR sugars and contents of package in a bowl into well blended.
- ADD pineapple, cherries, and vanilla extract. Stir 3 minutes.
- LADLE jam into clean jars to with approx. 1/2 inch head room. Cover with lids and let stand at room temp. until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- FREEZE for upto one year or REFRIGERATE up to 3 weeks.